Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Jarvis & I have been spring cleaning today. I know it's not actually spring yet, but the magical pink tree (which I like to call the Spring Oracle) has exploded into flower, so it's not far away.

I've developed quite an aversion to Stuff. Last week I managed to get rid of lots of Stuff in the form of clothes which don't fit or don't suit me, replacing them with a few gems from a clothes swap party. Very successful!

Todays Stuff banishing mission has been gathering up miscellaneous junk which really doesn't need to be here & either chucking it, or putting it in a nice big box (or three) to take to the Salvation Army.

I also bought a couple of those magical vacuum storage bags & squished up the spare duvets & blankets into nice little vacuum sealed bricks, I did the same with the bits of material I have floating around in case I ever find time to do any sewing. I really must get some more of those things, they're quite fantastic! (and I'm easily amused!).

I've also been trying to get rid of the Stuff which doesn't actually serve a purpose, and decided that I don't actually need to watch crappy television during the day! Don't get me wrong, there's no way I'm going to stop watching Home & Away, or Coro, but Doctor Phil & that ridiculous programme about the Australian police force are not necessary viewing. I try to tell myself that I'm tired & staring at crappy tv shows is relaxing, but in reality I think it just makes me more tired! Out with programmes I don't actually like watching!!!

Jim Mora is way better company than Dr Phil & Oprah anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment